Help to Buy
The Help to Buy scheme is a scheme offered by the Government to help people in buying their own home.Whether you are a first-time buyer or want to move up the property ladder, the scheme can allow you to buy a new-build home with a deposit from as little as 5%.
By saving just a 5% deposit, you could receive a Government equity loan of up to 20% of the purchase price. The loan is interest-free for the first five years, which helps to make your monthly mortgage repayments more affordable.Help to Buy has a £600,000 maximum price limit, but fortunately most of our new homes fall within that bracket.
Help to Buy requirements
Help to Buy has a few special requirements:
- It covers full home ownership only, and is therefore not available for shared equity or shared ownership.
- It is available for the purchase of a person’s primary home only, so not for additional homes, investment or buy-to-let purchases.
- It only applies to capital repayment mortgages rather than interest-only mortgages.
- Buyers must not receive help with their deposit from a Local Authority or other public body.
- A HomeBuy agent check will be required.