Health & Safety
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
The Company is committed to providing an adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities, both for our employees and those affected by the work that is carried out.
We will provide adequate resources to enable us to develop and use suitable safety management. These will include:
1. Assessing and managing risks.
2. Maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, safe systems and methods of work and safe equipment.
3. Taking account of health and safety issues and providing information, particularly on materials and substances, for the end users of our services.
4. Providing staff with the information, instructions, training and supervision they need to work competently and safely.
5. Making staff aware of their individual responsibilities to take reasonable care for the safety of themselves and others and co-operate with the management in matters of safety.
6. Encouraging full and effective consultation with all staff on safety matters.
Our general health and safety arrangements are set out in the following sections of this Health and Safety Policy Document, and its appendices. These will be amplified by supporting documentation as appropriate.
Every employee must read and follow the instructions and guidance in this Policy document.
All our staff has an important role to play in helping to achieve the Policy aims and objectives by:
- acting responsibly;
- having due regard to their own health and safety;
- considering other people’s health and safety; and
- communicating effectively and co-operating with instructions given by the Principal Designer or Principal Contractor.
Sub-contractors and sub-consultants will be required to perform in a similar manner, so that the requirement of their own Health and Safety Policy and our Health and Safety Policy are not jeopardised.
The Company to maintain continual improvement in its safety performance, will set, review and manage annual objectives and targets.
The Company will comply with all relevant occupational health and safety legislation and other standards to which it may subscribe.
This Policy and document will be monitored, reviewed and revised at intervals as necessary, and at least on a regular annual basis.